Makita 3-1/2" N1900B Planer (N1900B) Review
By Mark Sticht
I bought my Makita 3-1/2" planer (N1900B) on ebay.
The Real World
June 23rd, 2007
There is something to be said for having the right tool for the job. I had a few doors to plane and this worked great. I also had 400-500 feet of 3/4" MDF that had a rough edge from the table saw. Sanding them was taking too long so I tried the planer, set just deep enough to take the saw marks off. After the planer I only had to run the sander down them once to get a nice edge.
- Well balanced (side to side and front to rear)
- Long cord
- Cuts smooth (unless you run with it)
- The plastic case is supposed to hold the guide in the lid. It only stays in the lid long enough to shut it.
- The dust bag is optional
- The fence/guide is pretty lame
- Motor: 120V AC, 4.0 Amp
- Double edged tungsten carbide mini blades
- 2 Blade cutterhead produces 30,000 cuts per minute
- Well balanced with front and rear grips for better control